Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Mono...again!

Okay, Miss Maura Lyn needs to stop making out with boys...looks like she may have mono - again! Same time as last year. We're still waiting on the results of the 48 hours strep test, but the quick test came back negative, and all the signs are pointing to mono. Poor kid has had a fever since Friday evening. She hasn't had much of an appetite, but has been pretty thirsty. And at night...OMG...the poor thing has night sweats like I've never seen. It's like she's swimming in her bed only a couple of hours after she goes to sleep. Other than having the signs and symptoms though, she's pretty much her usual self. She does get tired, but she also wants to play and go to the park (we let her play at home...we've held off on the park.) Hopefully she'll get over it fairly quickly. Last year she was out for just a few weeks. Little kids are pretty resiliant and tend to get over things quicker.

Nothing new with Mommy and baby. We're over the half-way mark (officially at 22 weeks today). So now it's just a waiting game. She's still flip-flopping away. (And punching and kicking - she's an active one!) I, at least, look pregnant now. I think I'm bigger (showing-wise) at this point than I was with Maura, but I've actually lost a total of 13-14 lbs to date from conception. (It was a total of 35 lbs lost when all was said and done with Maura - if you can believe it, I was even MORE sick with her!) This baby just doesn't let me eat a whole lot. Nothing sounds good to me, and if something does miraculously sound good, she only lets me eat about half of a portion. Oh well, I suppose it could be worse! The doctor's not worried, she would like me to stay about where I am - not lose anymore and not really gain a whole lot. My only constant craving is milk. Jason and I go through about 2-4 gallons a week (and remember, it's just the two of us drinking it.) I swear, if this kid comes out with a dairy allergy, I will fall off my chair! I'm pretty uncomfortable a lot of the time, but I AM growing a human being inside of me...for those of you who have done it, I'm sure you understand...for those of you who haven't had the joy, it's certainly an experience!

No comments: