Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Rabbit! Rabbit!

It's the first of August. What a wonderful day! Only 2 days until Mommy's special day! Although, you find as you get older and have children of your own that YOUR birthday just isn't as exciting as it used to be when you were a kid. Remember how you used to have a countdown? You just couldn't wait to open presents...cuz you got lots of them! Not that I'm dreading getting older. I actually get more excited for Maura's birthday than I do for mine. I just don't get what the excitment is all about as we get older. Not that I don't want my family and friends to acknowledge the day, but I don't want a big thing at work (thank goodness I don't work on my birthday this year). I would much prefer to treat my birthday as any other day. Okay, I'll admit it...presents ARE still fun, but I don't want friends and family to stress about what to get me. To be honest, I would much rather make a special date for lunch or dinner with my friends than have them buy me something. I don't get to see my friends all that often anymore, so setting aside time to hang out with them means SO much more to me than something you can buy at a store. So let's go to Chili's! Woo-hoo! Who's with me?

Okay, on to the part that most of you are reading this for...baby updates! I go to the docotor again tomorrow. Nothing special about this visit though. No pictures :( I'm doing well...as long as I eat and take my anti-nausea meds. However, with the second trimester coming up, I've started having some stretching pains. While it amazes me how awesome the human body is, I could really do without some of the side effects of that awesomeness! That said, if you see me hobbling around like a little old lady, don't fret...it's just round ligament pain. (I'll spare you the details of what that actually is!)

Oh...I've added some new names to the voting list under "Fun Stuff", "Websites". Check it out and vote on names! Also...while I know we don't get the luxury of a baby shower for this one, there is a list of things that we need under the "Fun Stuff", "Miscellaneous Stuff" section. Just in case some loving parents or grandparents feel so inclined :)

Kisses to all!

No comments: