Friday, April 4, 2008

2 month/4 year check-ups

Here is one of those pictures that your children hate you for when they get older. Just thought we should share :)

Teagan-arie is 2 months old today! We went to see Dr. Rosa, who said she looks great! She weighs in at 10.5 lbs and is 23 inches long. So, much like her sister was, she is in the 50th percentile for weight and 75th for height. Long and skinny - that's just how the Russell girls roll! Poor little Teagan got three shots today. She did pretty well though - only cried for a few seconds. What a trooper.

Maura was also in to see Dr. Rosa today. Again, she's doing well. They were very impressed by how well she knows her letters, draws pictures, and writes her name. She weighs in at 37.5 lbs and is 42 inches tall (the nurse actually had to look twice at how tall she is). She's in the 45th percentile for weight and 85th percentile for height. Please refer to the long and skinny comment above! Maura only needed one shot and a finger prick today. She cried more before the shot than when it actually happened. However, the amusing part came a few hours later. She was showing Grandma Pumpkin her band-aid on her middle finger...think about it. Thankfully Pumpkin has a good sense of humor. She's now officially been flipped off by her granddaughter. Although, since her daughter-in-law does that to her quite frequently, she wasn't even phased by it. We just giggled.

Speaking of giggling - Mommy and Daddy apparently really need to start watching what they say around their four-year old. As Maura was cleaning off her chair in the living room, she picked up a blanket and said, quite innocently, "I'm just going to put this crap on the couch." I asked her several times to repeat what she said - partially because I didn't think I had heard her correctly, and partially because I KNEW I had, but it was super-cute. So, after I was done laughing, I had to explain to that cute little girl that she wasn't old enough to call it "crap". Oh the joys of being a parent!

1 comment:

Brooke said...

ExCUSE you?! Such a funny girl! I miss Maura!