

Well, it's getting down to crunch time. Literally. This little girl is definitely crunching Mommy's organs! We went to the doctor on Friday - everything looks good, just big. I lost another (almost) 4 lbs. since my last appointment (remember the boots though!) I think the total is up to about a 20 lbs. loss so far. I know...that's the oppposite direction that I'm supposed to go, but I really can't help it! However, in the 2 weeks since my last appointment, my uterus grew 8 cm. Is that even possible? So, while I'm only at 35 weeks and 3 days, I'm measuring at 41 weeks. The doctor and nurse were a little surprised. The nurse asked me if it's hard to breathe. Gee, let's see, you try having a child's head (or butt...I can't really tell...I kinda think it's her butt) in your right lung all day long and then tell me if it's hard to breathe! The doctor ordered another sonogram to see if we can estimate how big this kid is currently. I'm hoping she's long and skinny like Maura was - I really don't want to have to give birth to a 10 lb. baby! Ouch! We'll just have to wait and see. I think we're going to shoot for Monday for the sonogram. They were a little confused at the doctor's office when I left on Friday, so I'll have to call on Monday to see if they've calmed down any.
Up until recently, we've been doing pretty well. Now, I'm tired all the time. My patience is running thin. I can't sleep at night for longer than about 2 hours at a time (could explain the tiredness). I hurt in very interesting places. I get really hot. I have no energy to do anything. Okay, I'll quit boring you with my whining.
We did manage to go through all of the clothes, blankets, sheets, burp cloths, etc. We even washed them all and they should get put away sometime today. So, Baby Russell's nursery will actually look like a nursery instead of an explosion of baby stuff! Time to light the candles, sit in the glider, and explain to her that she can now come out! (Feel free to light pink candles for us and hold your own vigil in our honor!)
Until next time!
P.S. I added some pics of what we look like today. Yes, the belly has finally gotten bigger than the boobs...however, notice that the butt is shrinking. I still think that an 18 year commitment (at least) is a high price to pay for a 20 lbs. weight loss, but hey...a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do.
No comments:
Post a Comment